Download free 4EXT Recovery Updater
Fully featured: 4EXT Recovery Control
4EXT Recovery Control is available via Google Play, AndroidPit and slideme.org
Follow @Madmaxx82_xda Tweet
Features Changelog Current Status Feature Requests Contact
4EXT Recovery Install and Update
- Stay informed about any new bugs that might have been discovered for any recovery version
- Online install or upgrade easily
Hit "install" to automatically download your chosen version and flash it straight onto your device
This is the easiest and safest way to flash the recovery since it automatically verifies md5sums prior to flashing
- Alternatively select "Download only" to download a copy to your sdcard. Md5sums are automatically verified.
- Browse all available versions for your device
View changelogs and known issues
- If in very rare cases flashing fails, you can set an option to save the md5sum verified recovery.img on your sdcard to flash it manually
Notifications about updates or bugs
- To protect you as much as possible from any critical bugs that might have been discovered for the version of recovery you have currently installed and to notify you about updates, you can now configure notification settings.
Enabling notifications won't start any persistent background processes! This feature will not eat your battery or consume memory! Read more about how it works in the "Notification Settings" category inside application settings.
- Let the App do the md5sum check instead of recovery!
To make sure the backup will restore before you even reboot into recovery. This also gives you the opportunity to fix md5sums in case you really need that backup badly
- You could do all that in one go:
(Advanced or Full) Backup before the restore, format all partitions in a file system of your choice before,
flash as many zip files you want immediately after the restore,
fix permissions afterwards and stay inside recovery or let it reboot automatically when finished
- Restore any backup, advanced or full
Optionally select only those partitions you want to be restored
- Select to stay inside recovery after the process is complete if you don't want recovery to reboot immediately afterwards.
- Setting to always wipe cache instead of restoring the cache partition
- Select a Superwipe option to be carried out before the restore process
- For external apps or scripts: Use 4EXT Recovery Control or 4EXT Recovery Updater as an interface to recovery.
Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, install multiple zip files. It's very easy to use. Contact me for details.
- Start backups from inside the app
- The app automatically verifies that there is enough free space on your sdcard to complete a backup.
For advanced Backups the space needed is correctly calculated and displayed while you select/deselect any partitions to backup
- Check your backups' health to ensure they will restore later when you need them, by verifying their md5sums!
- Optionally, but highly not recommended:
If md5sums don't match but you REALLY NEED that backup badly, you might want to restore it anyway.
You can use this app to fix the md5sums of a given backup to "forcefully" restore it!
- Option to stay inside recovery after backup is complete!
- Convert backups between ext3 and ext4
- Setting: save space by excluding dalvik-cache from backups
- Setting: save space by excluding /cache from backups
If enabled, recovery will format /cache on restore
- Switch between tar backup and yaffs backup mode
- View all your backups, their time and date of creation and what they contain (was it an "Advanced Backup"? Did you backup only some partitions?)
- Rename or delete backups
- Identifies and adds the name of your rom so you don't need to type that much when chosing a meaningful name for your backup
- Advanced Backup
Select only those partitions you want to be included in your backup
Flash new roms, mods, ..
- Select as many zip files you want to flash in one go
- Select to display all md5sums of the files you are about to install, if you want to make sure they are all ok.
- Different wipe and format options
- Superwipe ext3 and ext4:
Formats all partitions with the file system of your choice prior to installing to ensure a clean flash process
- The App will then reboot into recovery, do what you wanted and boot your device again
- Alternatively you might select to stay inside recovery after all operations are completed
Themes for 4EXT Recovery Touch
- Use the App to install themes for 4EXT Recovery touch.
It will check whether the theme you are going to install is compatible with your device and refuse to install it in case it's not.
- Setting for recovery: themes on sdcard
If enabled, the app will install any theme you throw at it to your sdcard instead of the usual location on /system.
Theming for Classic
- Install, Uninstall 4EXT Recovery Themes from inside the app, without the need to reboot
- Try out as many themes you want. You will get a "live" preview of how a given theme would look like inside YOUR recovery.
Change all colours and transparency of a theme prior or after installing it
Select any colour with a nice colour picker and see the results immediately.
No need to edit config files or calculate rgb values anymore ;)
- Export your custom color and transparency settings to more easily create a flashable theme out of it.
- Wipe battery stats (no reboot needed)
- Wipe menu
- Switch md5sum checking on or off (please don't switch it off unless you have a good reason for doing so)
- SDCard and /data free space in titlebar
- View all data about your partitions from inside the App
- Had a bad Recovery session and didn't have the time to save the log file?
No problem, use the app to copy the recovery.log of your last recovery session to your sdcard.
- Fix permissions
- Remount your system partition in read write mode or read only again
- Configure all settings for recovery
- Disable or enable md5sum checks
- Enable or disable haptic feedback
- Select haptic feedback strength via a slider
- Set your time zone for recovery
- Set custom parameters for tune2fs for sd-ext partitions
- Change backup modes between yaffs2 and tar
- Tell recovery to always exclude /cache from backups to save space
Recovery will then format /cache on restore
- Tell recovery to always exclude dalvik-cache from backups to save even more space!
- Change options for "toggle usb storage"
- Enable / disable themes on sdcard
- Enable / disable to hide directories not containing any zip files
- .. and more
- Take the elevator to get anywhere as fast as possible from inside the app:
- Reboot into recovery
- Reboot into bootloader
- Reboot your device
- Hot reboot your device
- Power off
- Submit bugreports from inside the app
Optional: let the app automatically attach a copy of your last recovery log